Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Job

Well, for the last two weeks I have been working in my new job.
I am the Director of Nursing of Sunshine Terrace Home Care. This job has been a very hard change for me. I have not ever wanted to be in management. I have frequently said to Brent the one reason I did not need to go back to school was because I did not want to teach, and I did not want to manage. And those were the two things that further school would offer to me.
Well, I am here now.
I was offered this position and really took time in thinking about if I would be able to do this job and enjoy it! I decided that I would take the position and give it all I had.
I have been doing that! I truly feel that I have given this job all my time, heart and hard work!
I will not lie. It has been very very hard! I have shed tears and many frustrations to just about anyone who would listen.
In the first three days I almost threw in the towel! I have hung in there and even after many frustrating days I am still hanging!
I truly hope that I don't loose the toenails that I am hanging by!
The hardest part is that this company has had many many trials over the last six months. They are new, and did not get started correctly. So it's like starting a new company with old problems. They want me to build and grow the company and fix the old problems at the same time. And, train and educate the staff that are not truly up to par at the present!!! Except for my great nurse, friend, and co-worker Katie. She came over with me!! She is great and the only thing there that holds me together!
So... That is my new job for now! My time taker, and stress maker!
I am going to hang in there as long as I can, do the best that I can, for as long as I can! And repeat this to myself many times a day!
Thanks again for supporting me!!!

Soon I will be posting of happy sunny days of fun and joy!!!!

1 comment:

Britney said...

Stacey,

Hang in there! You are not alone. A new job with new demands and responsibilities is challenging. Knowing your work ethic and your determination, if it is meant to be, you will make it be. Focus on each day, one day at a time. Try to accomplish one important task each day, and even though it may seem like a long way off now, in a few months you will have this down, be in a routine, and like you said, will be posting of happy sunny days of fun and joy!!! Love ya! Brit